Thursday, October 1, 2015

PEのゴール!

こんにちはみんあさん!! Here's a little reflection regarding ways in which I hope to improve (speaking-wise) this year in Japanese!

1. Fluidity/naturalness of speaking

  • I tend to probe around in my head for a bit before finding appropriate words and phrases, so I'm hoping to become more familiar with how the language sounds in general so that I can speak more quickly/with less hesitation. 

2. Picking up on long vowels, double consonants, high/low pitches

  • Ahhh this is actually such a struggle for me right now-- it's not so much of a problem when Japanese is being spoken slowly, but once it's up to regular (speedy) speed I find it really difficult to differentiate little nuances in length and pitch.
3. Conversing more easily, being able to carry a dialogue

  • This goal is a little vague, but I see it as a combination of speaking/listening: being able to pick up and understand what others are saying and being able to reply as necessary.

I'll try my best!! >u<' 

To (hopefully) achieve these goals, I intend to:

1. Go to the Mathey language table once a week to talk to fellow JPN101'ers.

2. Visit Shibata-sensei's office hours every other week (to practice dialogue if I don't have any specific questions regarding pronunciation.)

3. Watch an episode of any anime once a week, shadowing a main character.

4. Listen/sing along to some Japanese music at least twice a week


That's it for now!
じゃあ、また! (ノ*゜▽゜*)


3 comments:

  1. こにちわ!わたしのなまえはウェナケリステンです。ノトルダムだいがくのだいがくせいです。I noticed you used Yotsuba here.  I used to read Yotsuba all the time in 3rd grade. It was so great. I might start reading the Japanese raw version sometime to help improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. こにちわ!わたしのなまえはウェナケリステンです。ノトルダムだいがくのだいがくせいです。I noticed you used Yotsuba here.  I used to read Yotsuba all the time in 3rd grade. It was so great. I might start reading the Japanese raw version sometime to help improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. よろしくね!Sameee Yotsuba was one of my favorite pick me ups when I was younger!! I actually bought the whole collection raw on impulse recently hehe~ You should definitely try reading it raw too-- I feel like it'd be a really fun way to study Japanese C:

      Delete